This is a recipe I love! My mother discovered it a couple years back and I must say it is one of the best pot roasts I have ever had! The flavour is so unique and delicious it will quickly become a family favorite. To start you need a crock pot. Place into it a 3- 4 pound boneless rump roast. Then add 2 packets of ranch dressing mix, italian dressing mix, and brown gravy mix, on top of the roast. Pour 4 cups of regular H2O (water) on top of the roast. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours until fork tender. Usually in my family we add carrots and potatoes to the crock pot about an hour before it’s all ready, to cook them. With this roast we serve a special type of potato.
|The Best Pot Roast|
|Total time: 8 and ½ hours max||Serving: 4-6|
· 3-4 lb Rump Roast
· 2 packets Ranch Dressing Mix
· 2 packets Italian dressing Mix
· 2 packets Brown Gravy Mix
· 4 cups Water
1. Place the roast into a crockpot.
2. Sprinkle the dry ingredients onto the roast.
3. Cover with the water.
4. Cook on low 6-8 hours and high for 4-6 hours.
*Side note: I am an Idahoan girl at heart. We are know as the Gem state, but we are also known for our potatoes. We grow over 13 billion potatoes each year. So needless to say I grew up enjoying and eating potatoes. Some days for breakfast I will dice up some potatoes heat a saute pan with some vegetable oil in it. Then I toss in the diced potatoes and season with a bit of salt and garlic powder. And cook till they are tender and slightly crispy. They are great!
The potatoes we serve with this roast are twice baked and wonderful. First you wash roughly 8 red potatoes and place in a pot of cold water. Make sure they are covered. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Bring to a boil and boil until a fork can easily pass into the potatoes. This can take some time but they truly are worth it. As the potatoes boil, take a cookie sheet and spray it with cooking spray. When the potatoes are done, carefully remove them and on the sheet pan. Now take either a cup or spatula and smash the potatoes down. Sprinkle on the potatoes some garlic salt and parsley. Then top with parmesan cheese. Place into the oven and bake for roughly 10-15 minutes or until the cheese gets golden and slightly crispy. Serve hot with that yummy roast and you’ll have a classy delicious dish.
|Twice Baked Potatoes|
|Total Time: 45 minutes to an hour||Serving: 6-8 roughly (Depends on the size and number you choose)|
· 6-8 Red Potatoes, Washed but not pealed
· Garlic salt
· Olive oil
· ¼ C Parmesan Cheese
1. Wash the potatoes and place in a pot of cold water.
2. Boil until fork tender.
3. Preheat your oven to 400 Degrees F and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
4. Once the potatoes are fork tender remove from water and place on the cookie sheet.
5. Smash down and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt and parmesan cheese
6. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the Parmesan is golden brown.